Visit my website
Specialties - Adults
- Stress and burnout
- Anxiety and anger management
- Eating disorders and post-bariatric related issue
- Sex and couples therapy
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Alcohol and Substance abuse and dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Self-esteem improvement and personal growth
Specialties - Couples
- Sexual dysfunctions / disorders
Specialties - Corporate
- Stress management seminars and workshops
Dr. Bita, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.
Dr. Bita’s mission is to help you become your own therapist.
Educational Background / Professional Training
- Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology - Concordia University
- Master's degree Clinical Psychology - Cologne University
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology - Cologne University
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Focused CBT
- Health Psychology
- Mindfulness / Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Hypnosis / Self-hypnosis / Relaxation Techniques
Dr. Bita emphasizes the importance of balance between the 4 elements of mind, body, emotions and spirituality in each person’s well-being. She utilizes scientifically approved methods to help you gain increased awareness of your thoughts patterns, feelings, and coping skills, while ensuring a non-judgmental and supportive therapeutic relationship.
The first 2 sessions are usually spent to evaluate the presenting problem (s) and identify the contributing and maintaining factors. Dr. Bita highlights the importance of goal setting, and as such, in collaboration with Dr. Bita, you will be encouraged to set therapeutic goals, which will be then the focus of future sessions. Between-session exercises are major parts of the therapy, as it has been shown that the client’s commitment, involvement and contribution to the therapy impacts the the therapeutic progress positively.
Dr. Bita's interest and dedication to diversity and culture has inspired her work with Canadian Natives, namely the Cree, which in turn has influenced her personal and professional beliefs such as her views about spirituality, life and our purpose in life.