- Children with behavioural/emotional difficulties
- Adolescents with self-esteem, behavioural/emotional difficulties
- Individuals with creative/artistic inclinations
- Healthy Relationships
- Personal spiritual growth
Melissa Trottier, M.A.
Melissa’s mission is to help foster and develop self-awareness and empowerment of spirit in all individuals.
Educational Background / Professional Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Honours
- Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychology
- Child/Adolescent Therapy
- Spiritual Psychotherapy
- Expressive Arts Therapy
Melissa’s intuitive, integrated therapeutic approach includes cognitive, behavioural, social, spiritual, creative, and artistic methods. She specializes in working with children and adolescents with emotional and behavioural difficulties, but enjoys working with adults as well. Melissa also works with expressive arts therapy, including drama, music, art and creative writing.
An introductory session will include a comprehensive client assessment, followed by a discussion in which Melissa will impart her impressions and recommendations for the therapy process, and answer any and all questions from the client. A specific treatment plan will then be devised based on an individual’s unique characteristics and circumstances.
Melissa thrives on art and creativity, and apart from her studies in Psychology and Counseling has trained in theatre, music, and creative writing. She lives with her partner in the lively Plateau region of Montreal.